mandag den 25. maj 2009

Protection

I happen to love my brain. I also love biking (mainly out of necessity, but what the hell). So a year ago I decided to buy one of those misshapen hats, also called a bicycle helmet. Since then it has rarely left my side...or head to be precise.
This however is in no way due to its outer appearence, which I find absolutely hideous. In helmet commercials people look if not smart, at least charming in a helmet. I am not one of those people! Actually I'm disturbingly aware of how stupid I look with my helmet on. I still wear it, 'cause compared to how stupid you look drooling in a weel chair, my dear helmet still has a long way to go.
Still I come across people that seriously claim that wearing a helmet makes you look smart, or at least sensible. That must be mere wishfull thinking. People might think I'm sensible or smart (or both!), but the look of the helmet will not have contributed to that opinion.
Love my helmet, HATE the way it looks on me.

1 kommentar:

  1. Actually you look pretty sweet with your helmet!;)
    By the way be careful with what you say some people could be offended by your comment!
    "how stupid you look drooling in a weel chair"
    It's not necessarily everyones fault ending up in such a situation.

    SvarSlet