mandag den 20. april 2009

Feelings??

Today is the big day, the day of the Durban II conference, UN's anti-racism happening! Despite the pronounced wish of many muslim countries to include criticism of religion as racism, delegates from Denmark still showed up.
Several times I have aksed myself the beautiful question: "Why??" Racism is a word confined by it's origin, it refers to racial discrimination. Since religion has nothing to do with your racial/ethnic origin this conference should not treat the subject.
Of course I understand that ridiculing and mocking religion can hurt peoples feelings, sure. But we are talking about feelings!! People hurt my feelings all the time, when they question or make fun of my beliefs. That's life!!
Lucky for my Denmark and several other countries chose to walk out during the conference due to an anti-israeli tirade wonderfully performed by the iranian president Ahmadinejad.
Now I am happy!
:-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar